Need Help With Your Investor Visa? We Seek to Pass Our Passion on and Advocate on Your Behalf

E-2 Visa Cases in Houston, TX

Dedicated Immigration Attorneys in Houston

At The Modi Law Firm, we passionately represent clients in immigration law matters. Our Houston immigration lawyers have guided hundreds of clients to successful solutions, and we stay up to date on laws involving the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. If you are pursuing an E-2 visa classification, we can analyze your situation and represent you throughout the process. Contact our office today for an initial consultation.

What Are E-2 Visas?

E-2 visas are investment visas. They allow citizens of treaty countries to enter the United States after investing a certain amount of capital in U.S. businesses. Treaty countries have standing treaties of navigation and commerce with the United States, and E-2 visas allow nationals from those countries to reside in the U.S. under a lawful nonimmigrant status for a period of 2 years. Time extensions are also granted, depending on the situation.

Qualifications for E-2 Visas

In order to qualify for an E-2 visa, you must be a national of a treaty country, and you must invest a certain amount of capital in bona fide enterprises in the U.S. Furthermore, you must prove that you own at least 50% of the enterprise. If you don’t own 50% of the enterprise, you must have at least 50% of operational control of the enterprise through a management role.

A substantial amount of capital refers to:

  • Capital sufficient enough to ensure financial commitment of the investor
  • Capital that is substantial in relation to the cost of purchasing or establishing the enterprise
  • Capital sufficient enough to ensure the investor will direct and develop the enterprise

    Capital includes assets, funds, and property, and must not be obtained through criminal means. An enterprise refers to a real and active business or commercial undertaking that produces goods and services for a profit. Thus, in order to qualify for an E-2 investment visa, you must invest a substantial amount of funds and assets into U.S. business or commercial enterprises.

    Family Members of E-2 Visa Holders

    By law, spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21 can accompany a treaty investor. They may apply for E-2 nonimmigrant classification as dependents, and they do not have to be the same nationality as the visa holder. Generally, family members can stay in the United States for only as long as the treaty investor stays (2 years), and they must apply for an extension before the 2-years period expires.

    Passionate Legal Assistance for Seeking E-2 Visas

    If you want to obtain an E-2 visa classification, The Modi Law Firm can help. Our Houston immigration attorneys have years of experience representing clients, and we can answer your questions along the way. Our firm is committed to providing informative, aggressive representation to our clients. We can walk you through the process and discuss your eligibility for an E-2 visa.

    For compassionate legal services in Houston, call our firm today at (832) 514-4030. We offer Spanish speaking services for your convenience.

    “He helped step by step and followed up with my case and responded immediately to my emails. Now my family are together living and working happily in United States. Thank you, Thank you Mr. Modi for all that you have done!”

    Contact Us
    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
      Please enter your phone number.
      You entered an invalid number.
    • Please select an option.
    • Please enter a message.