Skip to Content
Services Available in Spanish and Gujurati
Se Habla Español 832-514-4030
Planning on Marrying a Non-U.S. Citizen? We Seek to Pass Our Passion on and Advocate on Your Behalf

Houston Fiancé Visa Attorney

Secure Your K-1 Fiancé Visa with Proven Counsel

Are you planning on marrying a non-U.S. citizen and wish for them to join you here in America? If so, then obtaining a K-1 fiancé(e) visa may be the best way to establish their legal status here in the U.S. prior to your marriage. As with any visa, the application process for this status is complex and vulnerable to certain pitfalls, which is why it's so important to retain the services of a knowledgeable and effective Houston fiancé visa lawyer.

At The Modi Law Firm, PLLC, we're well acquainted with the challenges individuals, families, and businesses face when navigating immigration law and USCIS protocol. If you are wondering about the requirements for petitioning for a fiance visa or the K1 visa processing time, contact us today. Attorney Susham Modi has dedicated our firm to the needs and interests of all of our local immigrant communities, including Latino, Asian, and European, and he has consistently secured swift and dependable solutions on their behalf.

You do not have to approach this process without the professional insight you need. Contact our Houston K1-visa lawyer at (832) 514-4030. Se habla Español.

Understanding the K-1 Fiancé(e) Visas

K-1 nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visas are for foreign nationals who are engaged to be married to a U.S. citizen, intend to live in the United States, and are currently residents of another country. To receive a K-1 visa, the petitioner (the American fiancé(e)) must file Form I-129F with the USCIS.

In order to be a petitioner for this visa, you must:

  • Be a U.S. citizen
  • Intend to marry your fiancé(e) within 90 days of their arrival to the U.S.
  • Have met your fiancé(e) in person within 2 years of filing the form
  • Not be already married (your fiancé(e) must also have an unmarried status)
  • You must meet the minimum financial requirements

This process can sometimes also include bringing a fiancé(e)'s children into the U.S. in addition to a number of different complications (including wedding delays, permission to work, etc.). It is vital to prove a bonafide relationship to qualify for a K visa, which can be difficult sometimes as often evidence may be hard to obtain.

No matter what your K-1 visa status goals difficulties are, our Houston K1-visa attorney at The Modi Law Firm, PLLC is ready to listen. You may be wondering about how long it might take to get a fiance visa. We can try to ensure that your petition is both complete, compelling, timely and that any unforeseen complication is assuredly resolved.

Want to learn more about your K-1 nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa options? Use our online form to request a case evaluation or give us a call today.

What Sets Our Firm Apart?

Our team of skilled and understanding professionals proudly provides comprehensive and efficient services for all Clients.

  • Susham Modi Receives 10.0 Superb Rating at Avvo
  • Susham Modi Receives Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star 2018 - 2023 By Thomson Reuters
  • Susham Modi Was a Former Lawyer at Harvard University
  • Susham Modi Receives Best Lawyers of America 2017 By BL Rankings
  • Susham Modi Receives Top 10 Best Attorney in Texas 2021 By American Institute of Legal Counsel
  • Susham Modi Was a Former UH Law Professor

Contact The Modi Law Firm, PLLC Today!

All Consultations are Confidential

A member of our team will be in touch shortly to confirm your contact details or address questions you may have.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy