Skip to Content
Services Available in Spanish and Gujurati
Se Habla Español 832-514-4030
Putting Your Family First We Seek to Pass Our Passion on and Advocate on Your Behalf

Houston Family-Based Immigration Lawyer

Backed By Years of Experience. Call (832) 514-4030!

At The Modi Law Firm, PLLC, we believe that families should not be kept apart from one another because of national borders. We are able to successfully help many people navigate their cases.

Family-based immigration law is complex and requires the help of a knowledgeable attorney. Attorney Susham M. Modi assists U.S. citizens with preparing the documentation to bring their family members over on extended visas and green cards throughout Houston.

What Relatives Can a U.S. Citizen Sponsor?

If you have immigrated from another country, obtained United States citizenship, and now wish to do the same for your family members, our firm is here to help. It is important to remember that the process may be different for them because of your permanent legal status in the country. Under special circumstances, United States citizens are able to petition for the permanent residency of their family members and initiate the process for their citizenship.

Family members eligible for such petitions include:

  • Spouses
  • Parents
  • Children
  • Siblings

Depending on the nature of the familial relationship, there are several types of family visas available to begin this process. Immediate relatives eligible for these visas include children who are under the age of 21, parents, and spouses.

Immigration for Immediate Relatives

Below is a list of family-based (FB) visas available for immediate relatives. These can be used to start the immigration process for immediate family members.

Visas and preferences for immediate relatives:

  • FB-1 First Preference, for unmarried sons and daughters (age 21 or over)
  • FB-2 Third Preference, for married sons and daughters (any age)
  • FB-4 Fourth Preference, for siblings
  • K-1 Fiancée Visas, for fiancées of United States citizens
  • K-3 Visas, for spouses of United States citizens

Options for Non-Citizen Permanent Residents

Even if you have yet to receive citizenship and are still under the status of a non-citizen permanent resident, there are still options to help your family members gain legal documentation as well.

The list is different for the types of visas:

  • FB-2A Second Preference, for spouses and unmarried children
  • FB-2B Second Preference, for adult children
  • V Visas, for spouses or children

Call a Family Immigration Lawyer in Houston

If you plan on petitioning or sponsoring an immediate family member, our Houston family-based immigration attorneys can help guide you in the immigration process. We are here to help you with the application and any required documents. We are also prepared to answer any of your questions. Call us at (832) 514-4030 or complete an online form to request a consultation at The Modi Law Firm today. Services are available in English, Gurjurati, and Spanish.

There many other types of visas you can apply for as a citizen or permanent resident for your family members. Find out more about the process by contacting our Houston visa lawyer today.

What Sets Our Firm Apart?

Our team of skilled and understanding professionals proudly provides comprehensive and efficient services for all Clients.

  • Susham Modi Receives 10.0 Superb Rating at Avvo
  • Susham Modi Receives Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star 2018 - 2023 By Thomson Reuters
  • Susham Modi Was a Former Lawyer at Harvard University
  • Susham Modi Receives Best Lawyers of America 2017 By BL Rankings
  • Susham Modi Receives Top 10 Best Attorney in Texas 2021 By American Institute of Legal Counsel
  • Susham Modi Was a Former UH Law Professor

Contact The Modi Law Firm, PLLC Today!

All Consultations are Confidential

A member of our team will be in touch shortly to confirm your contact details or address questions you may have.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.
  • By submitting, you agree to be contacted about your request & other information using automated technology. Message frequency varies. Msg & data rates may apply. Text STOP to cancel. Acceptable Use Policy