About Susham M. Modi
Former Attorney at Harvard University
Susham Modi focuses his practice on helping individuals with immigration issues. Before moving to Houston, he worked as an Attorney Advocate at Harvard Law School's Immigration and Refugee Clinical Program. During his time, Attorney Modi worked on complex immigration matters, including asylum, deportation defense cases, and family-based petitions. He also supervised Harvard law students in the creation of "know-your-rights" presentation materials for undocumented students.
Former Adjunct and Clinical Immigration Law Professor
In addition to his private practice, he is an Adjunct Professor of Law and was a Clinical Supervising Attorney at the University of Houston Law Center's Immigration Clinic, which helps individuals from all over the globe with immigration concerns, providing pro bono services.
They have served immigrants from Mexico, Canada, Iraq, England, India and beyond, helping them pursue their own life in America. Susham is responsible for supervising and teaching upper-level students working on various immigration cases. He has also co-taught Asylum/Refugee Law.
Lectures & Presentations
Attorney Modi is a frequent speaker about immigration matters and has been a guest lecturer at various events, including at the Galveston County (Criminal) Defense Lawyer's Association, Rice University Graduate Programs' Immigration Law & Policy Course, Catholic Charities, Joseph A. Vail Workshop, American Immigration Lawyers Association (Houston Chapter), as well as the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' Houston Asylum Office. He is scheduled to present to Harris County Criminal District Court Judges in August 2014. His firm caters to all communities, including Hispanic, Asian, and European communities.
He received a B.A., magna cum laude, from the University of Texas at Arlington and a J.D. from Penn State Law School.
To further get to know our knowledgeable immigration Attorney Susham M. Modi, check out these blog posts:
- Attorney Susham M. Modi Selected to 2020 Texas Rising Stars
- Attorney Susham Modi Selected as One of Texas' 10 Best Attorneys Under 40
- Attorney Susham M. Modi Named Texas's Top 10 Attorneys
- Susham Modi Named "Beacon of Light" for Immigration Advocacy
- Susham Modi Recognized by Attorney and Practice Magazine
- Attorney Susham M. Modi Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America
Experience & Accolades
- Fromer Adjunct Professor of Law at the University of Houston Law Center
- Previously worked at Harvard Law School
- Attorney Modi has won several immigration cases
- Attorney Modi has trained other attorney's on immigration matters and has presented to Asylum Officers as well as State Court Felony Judges about immigration law topics.
- Rated Top 2014 and 2015 Houstonia Magazine's Lawyer
- Selected in The Best Lawyers of America, 2017 by BL Rankings
- Selected in Texas Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2018-2023 by Thomson Reuters